Bringing up Diversity & Inclusion and deal with overall malaise

 I had a very down day today, partially because I woke up abruptly from a dream, and partly because my day started with a very strange leadership meeting. I had brought up DEI in an email the night before, and while we were talking about potential topics for our upcoming leadership offsite, I brought it up again. It was met with a lot of resistance and comments like, "but where do we draw the line," and "I want a list of terms I'm not allowed to use." I'm tired of working on a team that's blind to their biases. I was also shocked by that amygdala hijack that my friend has told me about. In discussing with another friend, she suggested that this is an important conversation that may need to be heard again and again. What I'm learning here is that I may be uncomfortable saying what I'm saying, but I stand behind it, and it's the right thing to bring up. I need to not be afraid.

I was also down because one of my staff members is working directly with my boss and cutting me out of the loop. It makes me feel irrelevant.

I've lost a lot of my passion and need to figure out how to get back there. I have a lot of meditating to do!

Comments